Have you ever felt “sandwiched” between the pressures of caring for an older parent and raising your own family?
If so, you are part of a unique group of people known as the “Sandwich Generation.” These are adults who are juggling the roles of caring for their own families—including minor children—and aging parents at the same time. Suddenly, these adults have been entrusted to make major life decisions for their loved ones, and face questions such as:
- “Will mom or dad lose their home?”
- “What happens to an inheritance or remaining assets?”
- “How do we choose between in-home, assisted living, and nursing home care?”
- “What if my mom or dad wants to stay home, but takes a turn for the worse?”
- “Is there a responsible way to protect our assets?”
- “What can be protected for the healthy spouse still living at home?”
- “What happens if we run out of money?”
- “How do we get public benefits and will they be enough to pay for all the help we need?”
The emotional, physical, and financial strains experienced by those in the Sandwich Generation can be overwhelming and paralyzing, and it can be difficult to know where to turn for answers.
Estate planning attorney, Richard Seff, has created a comprehensive resource for adults “sandwiched” between the challenges of protecting their own family’s futures and caring for their aging parents. The legal and financial strategies you will find in this guide are designed to help you plan ahead and stay in control when facing difficult decisions. You will discover a wide variety of options that are available for your family that will give you peace of mind and confidence, including:
- How to ease the pressure and burdens as an adult caregiver.
- How to secure much-needed benefits and resources to pay for mom and dad’s care.
- How to stay in control during a parent’s healthcare crisis.
- How to help your parents protect their independence and honor their wishes through all of life’s transitions.
- How to avoid costly mistakes that could put your own family on the hook for long-term care bills and obligations.
Solid legal planning is the key to helping your parents receive the best care possible without sacrificing your own family’s financial security. Remember, sickness, memory loss, or incapacity from a stroke or other condition can happen without warning. This guide will help you get a rock-solid plan in place to protect your parents and make your job as a caregiver as easy as possible—helping you fill in the missing pieces of your current care plan.
When you download this free e-book, you will also discover:
- Why Medicare will not cover nursing home or in-home health care costs and how to pay for your parents’ care without spending all of their money or paying out of pocket. Expenses can run more than $8,000 a month!
- How to avoid common mistakes that can jeopardize Medi-Cal eligibility or expose adult children to liability for their parents’ long-term care costs.
- Legal and financial strategies to shield your parent’s assets and money from nursing homes or the state.
- Why your parent’s estate plan may not work if it has not been updated in the past five years.
- How adding your name to a parent’s bank account or home can backfire causing severe penalties and exposure to lawsuits and creditors.
- Three documents you need to manage mom or dad’s affairs, access medical records, and maintain control in the event of sickness or incapacity.
- Key medical, financial, and legal information you would never think to grab that will save you a ton of time, money, and headaches in a medical crisis.
- How to give your parents the gift of aging without worry or struggle!
While life may seem overwhelming and chaotic at the moment, turning the tables and gaining the upper hand on your parents’ care is easier than you think. Fill out the form on this page today to have The “Sandwich Generation” Planning Guide sent directly to your email address!